Monday, 10 February 2014

Success and Setbacks

            The last few weeks have seen me finishing off the Manchester Climbing Centres winter bouldering league and also take part in another amazing ROCfest at Rockover Climbing Centre. I was really happy with my performances in these and both have gotten me super psyched for the year ahead. As well as this I hit a slight setback in my training picking up a finger strain. Pretty gutting but I have been able to keep psyched on the bar sessions…
            First up was the Manchester Climbing Centres (MCC) winter bouldering league. This consisted of three rounds with the cumulative score of the three ranking the final positions. The first two rounds were really good for me and I managed to finish high in the field going in to the final round in a comfy third place with the top three positions all being fairly tight. Then came the set back. A week before the final round of the winter league and two weeks before the ROCfest, my finger went. I was pretty gutted to say the least as I had been getting really psyched to resume my training after a break and push on in the comp scene. Still, it shouldn’t be too long off. The final round still went really well for me considering I was only able to open hand on crimps (My known weakest position) and I managed to finish only one point behind 2nd place and six behind 1st place. Overall I finished in 3rd.
            Second was the return of the ROCfest at Rockover climbing centre. I have done this for the last two years now with this being my third appearance and every year it fails to disappoint. This year was no exception by fair. They pushed it bigger and better than ever before. Due to my finger strain I went into the comp with no expectations and I think this helped me climb better. I didn’t make finals but I was really happy with my result of 20th in a field of very strong climbers. The finals were absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to see what the guys at Rockover have got planned for next year…

            Big thanks to Manchester climbing centre and Rockover climbing centre for organizing two amazing events. And also a massive thanks to Beyond hope for all the support they give me…

No comments:

Post a Comment